Student Program & Awards
Social – Students & ANS Members
ANS Members are invited to meet with student conference attendees in an informal and social setting. Members will share their field expertise and give insight to students about opportunities that they might not otherwise be aware of. Students will be able to ask questions, seek advice and guidance for their career paths.
Who: Senior ANS members, Young ANS members, students attending TOFE 2016
Student Paper Award
Student Papers will need to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday August 19th to be considered for Student Award, which will be presented at the TOFE 2016 Banquet on Wednesday Evening.
Outstanding Student Paper Award: This award is associated with the biannual ANS Topical Meeting on the Technology of Fusion Energy. The nominated student
- Must have been the primary contributor to the research being presented,
- Must be the first author of the paper, and
- Must present the work at the TOFE Meeting.
- Students who wish to participate should e-mail paper to Deedee by Friday, August 19 at 8:00 PM EST in PDF or MS Word format.
- Submission to the student paper competition is a separate process from submitting to the Fusion Science & Technology journal. Papers will need to be submitted to FS&T as well by the manuscript due date (September 16). For formatting please see click HERE.
- Format should be according to FS&T journal instructions and word count limit.
- Judgements will be based on paper only; Students will NOT be judged on oral or poster presentations.
- Lead author must be a student; all co-authors who are students should also be identified.
- Past winners are not eligible.