Sunday: Phillies Game – Registration closed
Student & Professional Social Hour@ 2nd Story Brewing
Tuesday: PPPL Tour
Thursday: Spruce Street Park
Friday: Philadelphia Tour
Sunday August 21, 2016
Date: Sunday, August 21, 2016
Time: Game Starts: 1:35 pm, Leave Hotel ~12:30 pm
Where: Philadelphia Phillies vs. St. Louis Cardinals
Cost: $25.00 for Ticket & Transportation
Conference Attendees and Guests are all welcome!
Student & Professional Social @ 2nd Story Brewing Co.
Who: Senior ANS members, Young ANS members, students attending TOFE 2016
Monday August 22, 2016
Date: Monday, August 22, 2016
Time: Following Poster Session
Were: TOFE 2016 Conference, Society Hill Hotel, Hamilton Room
Cost: Included with TOFE 2016 Registration
Tuesday August 23, 2016
Wednesday August 24, 2016
Date: Wednesday, August 23, 2016
Where: TOFE 2016 Conference, Society Hill Hotel
Cost: Included in TOFE 2016 Registration
Thursday August 25, 2016
Spruce Street Park
Time: Evening – After conference
Location: 401 South Columbus, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (2 blocks from hotel)
Cost: Pay as you go
- Relax in Hammocks,
- Walk the boardwalk,
- Lawn games
- Food Trucks
Friday August 26, 2016
Tour of Philadelphia
Sign up HERE
Date: Friday, August 26, 2016
Where: Tour of Philadelphia, All are welcome!!
Cost: Pay as you go.
Breakfast at Reading Terminal Market
- Whether you want to pull up a stool at the Dutch Eating Place, slide into a booth at the Down Home Diner, or sample many of the stands’ good eats – there is guaranteed to be something for everyone.
- Concierge service – any goods purchased at the Market can be delivered to the hotel later in the day.
One Liberty Place Observation Deck ($19)
- See the city from above from the complex that first broke Philadelphia’s “gentleman’s agreement” to not build taller than City Hall. Learn about William Penn’s original plan for Philadelphia, pick out all of its squares, and see its new development through 360 degree views of the city from the 57th floor.
Wannamaker Organ Recital (noontime) (free)
- Built in 1904 for the St Louis World’s Fair, the organ today has 28,500 pipes. It sits in the center court of the old Wannamaker’s department store (now Macy’s)
- Tour the console area and meet the staff after the show.
- Be a part of Philadelphia tradition – “meet me at the Eagle”
Go back in time and spend the afternoon exploring the Founding Father’s Historic Philadelphia (free)
- Celebrate the National Park Service’s Centennial Year at Independence National Historic Park
- Independence Hall
- Congress Hall
- Great Essentials Exhibit in the West Wing
- Liberty Bell
Independence Beer Garden – Happy Hour
Cross the street to present day and experience one of Philadelphia’s many beer gardens.