General Information for Speakers
All speakers must register for at least one (1) day of the meeting. If you wish to attend additional activities or have a guest, you will need to register for those as well.
Presentation Times: Presentation times that are listed below include time for discussion.
- Plenary – 30 minutes
- Invited – 20 minutes
- Contributed – 15 minutes
On-site at the meeting:
- Power Point presentations shouldbe formatted with an aspect ratio of 16:10. Presentations must be provided to
a technician in the speaker ready room using a thumb drive. Presentations should also be uploaded to the EPSR website.
- Please visit the speaker ready room at least half a day before your presentation. If you are presenting in the morning, please visit the previous afternoon and if you are presenting in the afternoon, please visit in the morning.
- Please report to your Session Chair, in the room assigned for your session (as listed in the Official Program), 15 minutes prior to the start of the session. See applicable presentation times below.
- Please cooperate with your Session Chair by limiting your presentation to the time indicated in the Official Program.
- Please do not ask the Session Chair to reschedule your paper within the session. Many attendees schedule their attendance at various sessions in accordance with the times listed in the Official Program.
Technical Session Room A/V Setup:
All rooms will have an LCD projector, screen, wireless advance/laser pointer. There will be a podium for the presenters to stand at with a stationary microphone, a “confidence monitor” so speakers do not have to turn to the screen to see a slide, and a timer to inform the speaker.
Each session room will have an A/V technician to operate the presentations, speakers have the option to switch their own slides or let the technician do it.
The meeting will be using projectors with a resolution of 1280 x 800; Power Point presentations should be formatted with an aspect ratio of 16:10.
Speaker Ready Room:
The speaker ready room will be used to finalize presentations, correct any mistakes, load presentations for each session, and view your presentation on the correct size screen.
The speaker ready room will be open on Sunday from 12pm – 5pm and every other day from 8am – 5pm. Please plan to visit the speaker ready room a half day before your presentation. If you are presenting in the morning, please visit the previous afternoon and if you are presenting in the afternoon, please visit in the morning.